Where has the time gone?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's been quite awhile since I have been on here. Let me catch you up on why I have been so silent. Back in June, I had lost a loved one, got a puppy and was robbed at gunpoint (in the parking lot of my apartment complex on the same day), moved & had a birthday all within 3 weeks of each other.

I am thankful that God was watching over us that night and neither Nick or I were harmed physically and they (there was 2 guys, both with guns) just took our stuff and ran off. They ended up with our phones and my purse and had keys to both of our cars (which is a big reason we moved the next day), but they took something from us that no amount of money can replace - our sense of security. Everyday becomes easier, but it will always be in the back of my mind. I spent many days being sad, depressed, angry, etc. and let it consume my thoughts, but with prayer and my mother to talk to, I'm able to put most of it behind me now.

After we moved out of the apartment, we temporarily have moved into my FIL's while we continued looking for a house. We looked at so many homes and there was always something about them that didn't meet our requirements. One day we went to look at a house that was in a new development in a completely different part of town and absolutely fell in love with the area but that particular house was sold the day before. We went into the model home and found the perfect home that was considerably less than anything that we had been looking at over the previous 6 months. After builder incentives and lots of money saved, we are now in the process of building and buying a home.

Needless to say, I have had some of the hardest times of my life, some of the most exciting times & definitely the longest "character building" opportunity, that hasn't quite passed yet.

I'm sure some of you felt like I vanished off the face of the Earth, but as I put my life back together and let some of the fear go that I've hung onto the past few months, I have been able to get back into the nice groove I once had going on and that includes blogging again.

Part of me wanted to just give up on this & go about my daily life, but there is something satisfying about it too. Something I couldn't quite walk away from. Hopefully during the next week or so, things around here will be brought up to speed, and you will be hearing a lot more from me. Thank you for all of your patience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes