Super Savings Saturday

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today I started getting everything together to go to the grocery store (menu plans, coupons, looking for last minute deals) and after I was done I really had no idea how I was going to pull off getting everything we needed for $10.

I headed off to Target and stocked up on quite a few loss leaders, headed to the back of the store to get the Kashi waffles and stopped in one of the freezer isles to get my coupons in order... I almost walked off when I faintly heard a lady behind me trying to get my attention. I walked back a little closer and she repeated herself saying that if I took a survey I would receive a $10 gift card! I quickly agreed and answered what seemed to be a ton of questions about the frozen veggies in my cart, and headed to the checkout - after coupons and the gift card, I paid $1.83!

Next I went to Kroger to pick up some milk, oj, banannas, cheese, potatoes and Velveeta shells and cheese. I went over the budget by $.90, but I received a $1 off your next order coupon for buying the Velveeta. Overall this was a really good shopping trip, and next week I hope to have a better plan!



Last Saturday I didn't get around to posting (actually I didn't get around to posting anything this past week) what I bought, but it was pretty boring - we didn't need much...


How did all of you do this week at the stores?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes