Planning a Wedding under $5000

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My love proposed to me on Valentines day and since then I have been thinking about wedding stuff non stop. Here is an update on how things are going.

FYI, the wedding colors are black and white with green as an accent color. We plan to have around 100 guests. It will be in March of next year.

We have found the venue and booked it :)



It will be at a country club. We will have the ceremony on the 2nd story veranda. The picture above will be the backdrop of the ceremony. The reception will be inside the adjoining banquet room. Finding a place on the budget we have set seemed impossible, I looked at tons of venues around town, and this place was in the nicest location and was surprisingly the least expensive!

I have made most of the flower arrangements already. I opted for silk flowers because I would like to keep my bouquet longer than just a few days after the ceremony. (Also, the stores are selling silk flowers that are in season, if I didn't get them now I would be cutting it really close to have them done before the wedding).


(Top Left - my bouquet, top right - bridesmaid bouquet, bottom left - grooms boutonniere, bottom right - table centerpiece)

I had the ring pillow from my parents wedding, but the colors or style didn't match, so I took it apart and re-made it. (I forgot to take a picture of it before I took it apart)




Here is an unfinished picture of the wedding invitations. There are some elements of the invitation that I have not decided how I want yet, so they are not in the picture. I will post a picture once they are done though.


(The invitation closed)



(The inside of the invitation, the inside right flap has a pocket for the RSVP card, that is one of the elements I am not done designing)

Favors. What do I say... these little things can get expensive fast! I searched for an inexpensive but unique idea and came up with coasters. I followed these instructions.



The last thing I have made is a cardbox. This is the box that sits on the gift table and guests who brought cards can put them in there so they do not get misplaced.




I found a dress I love and I should have it next week, but I am not going to post a picture of it just in case my love happens to look at my blog :)

What are some of the things you did or made to keep the wedding under budget?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes